One of the safest and most popular infant car seats on the market is now the lightest, too! The Nuna PIPA Lite weighs just 5.3 pounds—making it 2.6 pounds lighter than the original PIPA and lighter than any other car seat in the world.
Despite its weight, the PIPA Lite doesn't skimp on safety. Unlike most car seats made with non-flexible foam, the PIPA Lite is made with a first-of-its-kind flexible foam that compresses to absorb forces in a crash.
Like the PIPA, the PIPA Lite snaps into a steel-reinforced base with a load leg that attaches to the floor of your vehicle for extra stability. According to Nuna, the load leg helps minimize forward rotation during a crash by up to 90 percent.
What are the other differences between the PIPA and PIPA Lite? The PIPA Lite includes fire-resistant fabrics free of flame retardant chemicals, a memory foam headrest, and a leather-look handle. Unlike the PIPA, it does not include a dream drape and cannot be installed without the base for taxis or travel.
- Weight capacity: 4 to 32 pounds
- Height limit: 32"
- Dimensions: 27.3"L x 17.5"W x 22.5"H
- Product weight without canopy and insert: 5.3 pounds
- Product weight with canopy and insert: 6.7 pounds
- Product weight with base: 19.3 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year
- Nuna PIPA Lite infant car seat, including infant insert, harness cover and crotch cover
- Additional GOTS-certified organic cotton fabric insert
- Base with load leg
- LATCH guides